Sunday, July 29, 2012

Good Rereads!


"If you find a girl who reads, keep her close. When you find her up at 2am clutching a book to her chest and weeping, make her a cup of tea and hold her. You may lose her for a couple of hours but she will always come back to you. She'll talk as if the characters in the book are real, because for a while, they always are. Date a girl who reads because you deserve it. You deserve a girl who can give you the most colorful life imaginable." - Rosemarie Urquico 

I love that quote. I know that online it's typically attributed to Robert Pattinson and I secretly hoped it was said by him because that would be so adorable, but after doing some digging I found that it was actually written by Rosemarie Urquico and the full version can be found here: http://melodygodfred.com/2011/03/01/why-you-should-date-a-girl-who-reads/
Either way, it's just such a shareable quote and I hope you enjoy! 

For today I want to ask my readers, what are some of the books you've reread (whether it's twice, several times, or twenty times)?

I've already included these two books in a post, but I adore them both and currently just reread/am rereading Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project and Noelle Hancock's My Year with Eleanor.  They are two bucket list esque/live-your-life-to-the-fullest (especially My Year with Eleanor) books, which are right up my alley and ideal for summer. Please check these out if you haven't already! 

So tell me dear readers, what are the best books to cozy up with and reread on this rainy Sunday (or at least it's rainy here)? 

And on a side note, we've reached fifty followers, a halfway mark! If you enjoy some of these posts, I'd love if you followed this blog at the end of the page or told a friend about it! Happy reading! 



8 comments:

  1. I like that quote :)

    I've heard good things about The Happiness Project. Happy re-reading.

    I do tend to re-read my favorite books, mainly to revisit the characters. I read the Harry Potter and Twilight series twice. I've also re-read Pride & Prejudice and Wuthering Heights a few times. There's something cozy about going back and re-visiting a favorte book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I loved The Happiness Project; I'd definitely recommend it :) I've also re-read Wuthering Heights (one of my all time favorite books) & a few of the Harry Potter books! And you're so right, there is something cozy about rereading!

      Delete
  2. That's a beautiful quote, I love it it <3

    I've re-read the Harry Potter books, all of Sophie Kinsella's books as well as The Devil Wears Prada. My Devil Wears Prada is in such rough condition because I've read it so many times, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really loved the quote when I found it :) & I've also re-read the Harry Potter series, but I've heard so many good things about The Devil Wears Prada and really want to read that book! I still haven't even seen the movie, so I think that those will have to be goals for this summer lol.

      Delete
  3. I'm a huge Nicholas Sparks fan so I re-read his books all the time!
    Congratulations on all your writing accomplishments by the way!
    P.s. I'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I really have to start reading some of Nicholas Sparks' books; I love all the movies based off them lol. And thanks so much Becca :)

      Delete
  4. How I miss re-reading. I have so many books waiting for me that I really haven't reread anything in ages.

    My usual faves to re-read are the Harry Potter books. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This philosophy book called The Good Life that has writings from all kinds of philosophers and their views on what constitutes a good life. The Knight in Rusty Armor by Robert Fisher which is a little gem of a book.

    And if I get a chance sometime soon, I would love to reread Anna and the French Kiss by Stephannie Perkins. That book is amazeballs. I loveee it so much!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, the Harry Potter books are definitely a great reread! I'll have to check out The Good Life because that sounds really interesting :)) And some of the other books you mentioned!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from my readers :]