Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lost and Found


Happy Thursday readers! Hope you're getting ready for weekend plans or some relaxation time. Today I'll be teaching another creative writing workshop for children at a local library so I'm looking forward to that, but I figured I'd share another book with you before I left. I read this one awhile ago, but really enjoyed it so I'll give you a synopsis and some thoughts.

Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst - The book follows seven pairs of contestants who decide to go on a reality television show called Lost and Found. Some of the contestants include Cassie and Laura (a mother and daughter), a religious couple, two business partners, two flight attendants, two old child stars, etc. The television show chose particular contestants because they wanted people whose lives can unravel on screen. The book rotates between points of view, but Cassie knows that the show has chosen her because of a secret she holds that the producers hope will be revealed to get more views.

There is a good description of the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Found-Sound-Library-Carolyn-Parkhurst/dp/0792740629

Personally, I really liked this book because of the shifting points of view and its interesting setting in which characters were asked to travel the globe. It was like watching reality t.v., only so much more real because I was given a glimpse at how the characters were actually feeling, unlike most reality television. I'd definitely recommend this if you're looking for an exciting new read.

What are some books you've read a long time ago, but really enjoyed?

I'm so thrilled that we're almost halfway to reaching 100 followers. If you like some of these posts please feel free to follow this blog at the end of the page or tell a friend about it! Happy reading!


the journey home by paul bica, on Flickr
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License  by  paul bica 

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I love that you are teaching a creative writing class at your local library. My kids would eat that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :)! It's a lot of fun, especially because the kids are so enthusiastic!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from my readers :]